For healthy and beautiful trees and shrubs, plant health care should be taken seriously. When plants are not cared for, they can fall victim to nutritional deficiencies, diseases and pests. If not diagnosed and treated correctly, these maladies can spread to other trees and shrubs, creating unexpected problems and expenses for both your home and plants.
The objective of plant health care is to maintain the health and vigor of your trees and shrubs by using proper preventive and curative treatments that are both environmentally sensitive and cost effective. Preventative and curative plant health care treatments utilize scouting for tree issues, the prescribing injection and seasonal treatments for the best results:
- Injection treatments are treatments that are injected directly into your trees or shrubs to combat different types of diseases and pests from the inside out.
- Seasonal tree and shrub care are treatments that are done in six separate rounds throughout the year. These include, spraying of dormant oils, fungicide & insecticides, and deep root fertilizations. These rounds are timed when diseases and pests are known to flourish, nipping potential problems in the bud or preventing them from worsening.
Preventive treatments are used to keep your trees and shrubs healthy and prevent safety concerns like falling branches or the spread of disease and pests. Some of the treatments we use to keep your trees and shrubs healthy and beautiful include:
- Emerald Ash Borer
- Fungal Diseases
- Cytospora Canker
- Dutch Elm Disease
- Scale Insects
Hansen’s also provides curative treatments for your trees and shrubs that have already been infected by disease or pests. These treatments are meant to return your tree or shrub back to their previous healthy state, and include:
- Bark Beetles
- Cambistat Growth Regulator Application
- Chlorosis Treatment (Deep-Root Fertilization)
- Chlorosis Treatment, both Iron and Manganese Injections
- Deep Root Fertilizer with Micronutrients
- Emerald Ash Borer (if less than 30% of canopy is affected)
- Gall Treatment, including Ash Flower, Broad Spectrum, And Oak Gall Wasp
- Japanese Beetle
- Scale Insects
- Spider Mites
- Tent Caterpillar