PROVIDING ESSENTIAL PLANT HEALTH CARE AND CONSULTING SERVICES
Andy Berg is the Plant Health Care Manager and a Consulting Arborist with Hansen’s Tree Service & Environmental Resources in O’Fallon, MO, providing plant health care and consulting services.
Andy is an ISA Board Certified Master Arborist, Tree Risk Assessment Qualified, President of the Midwestern Chapter of ISA, Chair of the Regional Plant Appraisal Committee for the Midwestern Chapter of ISA, and an ISA Board Certified Master Arborist Test Committee Member. He graduated from the Municipal Forestry Institute in 2020, received the Midwestern Chapter of ISA Award of Merit in 2018, and holds a Missouri Commercial Applicator license with various categories.
Andy graduated from Southern Illinois University at Carbondale in 2009 with a BS in Forestry (Forest Resource Management) and worked two years in traditional forestry in Illinois and Missouri:
- Forest Inventory & Management Plans
- Timber Appraisal
- Timber Stand Improvement
- Invasive Species Management
- Prescribed Burns
He obtained his ISA Certified Arborist credential in 2011 and began working in arboriculture with various companies/organizations after that in the St. Louis, Missouri metro area. Andy has had the opportunity to work from the ground up in arboriculture in most industry domains, which has allowed him to develop a practical approach in his consulting career.
Andy worked at Tower Grove Park in St. Louis, MO, as the Forestry Supervisor where he was responsible for administering the park’s first GIS-based tree inventory of about 7,000 trees and maintaining the database thereafter. He ran a forestry crew that carried out tree installation, pruning, removals, plant health care, and other related tasks. His program earned prominent recognition in 2018 when the park became a Level II arboretum through the Arbnet Arboretum Accreditation Program.
Before Hansen’s, Andy worked for Davey Resource Group, Inc. for two years as an Urban Forestry Consultant on their Missouri team. His primary duties involved working with federal, state, and local governments, engineers, architects, developers, and private landowners on urban tree inventory & management plans, tree risk assessment, tree appraisal, expert witness, tree stand delineations, tree preservation plans, general on-call consulting tasks, and arboriculture training.
Andy worked in plant health care for the Davey Tree Expert Company and Metropolitan Forestry Services in the St. Louis region early in his arboriculture career. In these positions, he developed knowledge in woody plant diagnostics and treatment options.
- BS in Forestry (Forest Resource Management) – Southern Illinois University at Carbondale, 2009
- Municipal Forestry Institute, 2020
- ISA Board Certified Master Arborist, IL-5361B
- Tree Risk Assessment Qualified
- Missouri Commercial Applicator License, C24438
- President of the Midwestern Chapter of ISA
- Regional Plant Appraisal Committee Chair, Midwestern Chapter of ISA
- ISA Board Certified Master Arborist Test Committee Member
- Professional Member of ISA
- Missouri Community Forestry Council
- St. Louis Community College Horticulture (Urban Tree Management) – Guest Speaker, Tree Inventory & Management Planning, for six years.
- Forest ReLeaf of Missouri, TreeKeepers – Teacher, Pest Management and Diagnostics, for four years.
- Missouri Community Forestry Council Conference – Speaker, 2019, Managing an Arboretum: Tower Grove Park Tour.
- St. Louis Region Missouri Parks & Recreation Association – Guest Speaker, 2020, Trees as Assets.
- Southern Illinois University Architecture (Environmental Design: Site Planning) – Guest speaker, 2020, Trees and Construction.
- Tree Injection Training
- Chainsaw Safety Training