OMRI™ Listed® For Organic Use
All living things grow and die and, in turn, provide nutrients to support other life.
Compost is a beneficial addition to soils that may lack essential nutrients, such as clay soils. This fundamental material is composed of decomposed grass, wood, soils, and other locally sourced green waste.
The addition of compost helps plants grow more vigorously and better able to withstand environmental changes such as drought. As a result of healthier soils, plants can become more robust and better able to ward off disease and harmful insects.
What Does It Mean To Be OMRI™ Listed® For Organic Use?
OMRI™ Listed® for Organic Use may sound like an industry buzzword, but it is not. Even though our standard compost is a high-quality compost product, our OMRI™ Listed® for Organic Use compost goes a step further. By going through a rigorous certification and composting process that has reached the needed temperatures to eliminate, or “cook out,” any weed seeds, chemicals, and unwanted biological elements. The microorganisms in the compost are like superchargers and drastically help improve the environment within the soil so plants can thrive.
OMRI™ Listed® compost works to keep your lawn beautiful and healthy by promoting growth and resilience through:
- Repelling weeds by promoting healthy, denser root growth in your plants.
- Amending the soil by loosening hard clay, allowing your plant’s roots to grow deeper and stronger.
- Retaining water for more extended periods to reduce water waste
- Feeding your plants throughout the year.
Our OMRI™ Listed® compost is an easy-to-use compost designed for wholesale applications. It is approved by the Organic Materials Review Institute (OMRI™) for use in compliance with USDA National Organic Program regulations.
The OMRI™ listing indicates that our compost and the materials that go into it are compliant for organic use. That means our compost must meet the following criteria:
- Rigorous certification procedures to ensure our product complies with organic standards
- National Organic Program (NOP) manufacturing requirements
- Salmonella testing compliance
- Daily and weekly compost temperature recordings
Hansen’s Wholesale Compost Opportunities
We specialize in providing large quantities of our OMRI™ Listed® compost to businesses and property developers around the Midwest at a competitive price.
You can purchase OMRI™ Listed® compost at the following Hansen’s locations:
- O’Fallon, MO
- Arnold, MO
- Ozark, MO
- Brookline, MO